Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lands End Swimsuits and Listing Challenge

One of my best selling items this summer has been Lands End Swim Wear. Most of my items come from the Goodwill bin, so I rarely find a complete set. I actually prefer just finding tops. I usually only find the tops or one piece suits. Most have been selling between $15 and $20 with free shipping. The price may be slightly on the low end given the retail pricing and quality of Lands End, but they move quickly. Most items sell within 2 weeks, but I've only had 1 item not sell within the first 30 days. Listing the last few weeks has been slow for me. I have a backlog of items that need to be listed, plus I'm still trying to get out and find more goodies when I can. This week I decided to challenge myself to list 75 items (not counting relist). I only average around 100 items in my store, so this is a big listing challenge for myself. Originally I decided I would list 25 items on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but not sure that schedule will work out. Yesterday (Monday) I listed 15 items. I find more motivation to list when sales are rolling in. I had 3 yesterday, one which the lady ask me to cancel within an hour of purchase..blah! Here's to a new day, new sales, new listings. Anyone else have listing goals for the week?

4 comments:

Veronica said...

My listing goal this week is to list. I didn't do any last week. It's good to have a goal though. Something to work for. And feel good when you accomplish it.

Anonymous said...

I plan to list all day on Friday. Well, after I hit the yard sales in the morning. Will let you know how it goes.
carla

Kristen said...

I'm trying to amp up the listings too this week. We are year round school here so with the older ones being gone all day it makes it a bit easier! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I plan to hit the Goodwill Outlet and list at least 10 things this weekend. Since I've only been listing an average of 1 to 3 items per week, this is a good goal for me. Thanks for the inspiration!